Join Our Staff
Why Work Here?
Richmond Community Foundation’s goal is to create healthy, sustainable communities in Contra Costa County. We believe in the Theory of Change, in which we identify a realistic long-term goal and consider what conditions need to be in place to reach it. The majority of our long-term goals entail measuring and tackling social and economic challenges that local residents face.
We take our community’s issues seriously and are continuously searching for concerned listeners, earnest thinkers, capable communicators, talented problem-solvers, and devoted professionals who want to learn, grow and most importantly, make the communities of Contra Costa County healthy and sustainable for the people who work, live and thrive here.
A career at RCF offers countless opportunities, an empowered workforce, and a supportive environment. We pride ourselves in recognizing our associates’ and teams’ successes in our goal to solve our community’s most urgent concerns.
When you join RCF, you’ll find a culture where every person is a vital part of the solution and an essential voice of the community. We aim to be a safe place for anyone on our staff to learn, explore and grow. Ultimately, we strive to generate tangible results that will change the way our entire community works, lives and succeeds.
The SparkPoint Contra Costa Manager – West works in-person at the SparkPoint Contra Costa office in Richmond and reports to the SPCC Senior Director. The Manager will work closely with community partners, community stakeholders, and clients to advance the goals of SPCC. The Manager supports the mission and values of SparkPoint Contra Costa and the Foundation. S/he provides the effective implementation of quality assurance practices and management reporting tools for the ECM client management tool for SPCC. Collaborating with staff and key stakeholders from throughout the community and across the county, the SparkPoint Manager will facilitate the partners of SPCC to deliver successful outcomes that move SPCC clients toward financial sustainability. The successful candidate will have a commitment to working effectively in a diverse community and will have an understanding and experience in advocacy toward social change.
- Assist the SPCC Senior Director with the implementation of quality assurance practices and SPCC service coordination and support at SPCC centers.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of SPCC in-person to deliver SparkPoint services in accordance with set organizational goals and objectives.
- Functions include program development and implementation, staffing with partner coaches, and coordination of workshop services through other community-based organizations and volunteers.
- Work with the SPCC Senior Director in program strategic planning by building and managing relationships with public and community-based organizations, to ensure that they are aware of the benefits of SP services and support a SPCC presence and/or expansion in the community.
- Support the SPCC Senior Director in budget preparation and management.
- Act in a leadership position with committees/coalitions that are city-wide/regional/county-wide.
- Supervise and manage SPCC administrative assistants and/or interns. Mentor new SPCC Managers.
- Support the SPCC Senior Director in preparing for and delivering presentations at conferences, community events, and other external opportunities.
- Help build SPCC’s presence on social media and online through creation of compelling content and calls to action with support from the Director of Marketing and Development.
- Assist the SPCC Senior Director with grant writing and fund development strategies to support the work of SPCC.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or comparable experience; graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience in areas of data management, quality assurance, and/or project administration.
- Strong leadership skills and the maturity to motivate and engage collaboratively with diverse stakeholders including academia, nonprofits, government agencies, local advocacy organizations, and students.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills with superior customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated strength in analytics, report generation, project management and evaluation. Time management skills essential in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and accurately manage a variety of competing tasks. Computer proficiency including working knowledge of MS Office applications, relational databases (ECM preferred), Internet research and social media.
- Preference to be bi-lingual in Spanish.
The starting salary for this position is $62,400. This is an exempt position and comes with a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid time off, and a matching 401K retirement plan. There are also professional/leadership development opportunities available, as well as a workplace culture committed to supporting a good quality of life for employees.
HEALTHY CONTRA COSTA (formerly Healthy Richmond), seeks a Full-time ‘Hybrid’ project staff that will support functions related to our 10-month (June 1, 2022- February 2023) project, Advancing Health Equity, including project coordination for Outreach and Education to enroll up to 8,000 CC immigrants in a Primary Care program, Contra Costa CARES and support Community Health Advocates in their health equity policy advocacy; and community engagement activities and communications and other duties as assigned. This is a hybrid role of working from home and in the office: you MUST be local and able to commute to the office in Richmond CA. There will be required days working in the office. As a condition of employment, employees must comply with RCF Connects COVID-19 policy.
The Advancing Health Equity project addresses social inequalities faced by Contra Costa County’s (CCC) residents, with a focus on those experiencing rental burden, homelessness, low-wage work, and exposure to air pollution. The project also seeks to engage and empower community members through outreach, education, and advocacy around health equity issues.
Project staff will support various aspects of the Advancing Health Equity project, including outreach and education, to enroll up to 8,000 CC immigrants in a Primary Care program, Contra Costa CARES. They will also support community health advocates in their policy advocacy work around health equity issues, as well as community engagement activities and communications. Other duties as assigned may also be included.
This position will report to the HCC Senior Director and is based in Richmond, CA. It may be necessary to travel to Central and East Contra Costa County.
Work closely with HCC Senior Director and Staff to provide support for ongoing campaigns and the Community Health Advocate Teams by actively recruiting and supporting team members to participate in training related to equity-based participatory research and policy advocacy needed for campaigns.
Coordinate relevant HCC activities related to the CC Cares Outreach and Education Plan [CC CARES O&E] and will provide coordination between Contra Costa Health Services, Three Community Health Centers (La Clinica de la Raza, Brighter Beginnings and LifeLong Medical Care) and the #OneContra Costa Alliance composed of 15 Community Based Organizations. Coordination activities include, but are not limited to the following:
Campaign Coordination- CC CARES Outreach & Education:
● Work closely with HCC Senior Director and staff to provide support for ongoing campaigns and the Community Health Advocate Teams
● Coordinate relevant HCC activities related to the CC Cares Outreach and Education Plan, including campaign coordination, internal training sessions, creation of outreach tools and processes, client follow-up, and data collection and evaluation.***
Community Health Advocate Support & Coordination Support Community Health Advocates to co-design-policy advocacy approach with CCHS Health Equity staff to ensure that community leaders are represented on the proposed health department Health Equity Advisory Committee.
● Serve as a liaison between the community health advocates and Contra Costa Health Services to facilitate communication and collaboration
● Coordinate training sessions, community events, and participation in county-level policy advocacy to achieve project outcomes.
● Assist in internal/external social media strategies related to projects, including email blasts, and social media strategies to engage the broader community
● 2 years of relevant experience in providing support to community-based activities OR recent Census canvassing.
● Knowledge and experience of community organizing in communities of color.
● Knowledge of healthcare systems and programs, public health prevention initiatives, and Contra Costa CARES (Contra Costa County Access to Resource and Emergency Services) is a plus.
● Process facilitation capacity, including the ability to set meeting agendas and goals, manage complex relationships and resolve conflict.
● Experience working directly with people from diverse backgrounds and communities, understanding and incorporating the perspective of impacted communities in campaign goals and decisions, and knowledge of system policy/practices in Contra Costa County that directly impact health and racial outcomes in communities.
● Ability to adapt communication styles to diverse environments, excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and reliable with a strong interest in committing to the HCC Initiative’s work, cultural humility to work effectively with ethnically and racially diverse colleagues, and the ability to plan workload and maximize resources.
● Have access to reliable transportation for job-related tasks.
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed. Some travel outside the Richmond area will also be required.
- Flexible in-office requirements.
- Compensation will be based on 10-month project funding at an hourly rate of $26.44 with a ‘Hybrid schedule.’
- The role is 25 hours per week temporary, non-exempt, hourly position that is not eligible to take part in RCF Connects benefits.
Employees at RCF enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, retirement savings with employer match, paid time off, and work/life balance.