Join Our Staff
Why Work Here?
Richmond Community Foundation’s goal is to create healthy, sustainable communities in Contra Costa County. We believe in the Theory of Change, in which we identify a realistic long-term goal and consider what conditions need to be in place to reach it. The majority of our long-term goals entail measuring and tackling social and economic challenges that local residents face.
We take our community’s issues seriously and are continuously searching for concerned listeners, earnest thinkers, capable communicators, talented problem-solvers, and devoted professionals who want to learn, grow and most importantly, make the communities of Contra Costa County healthy and sustainable for the people who work, live and thrive here.
A career at RCF offers countless opportunities, an empowered workforce, and a supportive environment. We pride ourselves in recognizing our associates’ and teams’ successes in our goal to solve our community’s most urgent concerns.
When you join RCF, you’ll find a culture where every person is a vital part of the solution and an essential voice of the community. We aim to be a safe place for anyone on our staff to learn, explore and grow. Ultimately, we strive to generate tangible results that will change the way our entire community works, lives and succeeds.
RCF Connects (Richmond Community Foundation) mobilizes the power of connection to build healthy, thriving communities that are safe and diverse, and where families flourish and children are given new hope for a bright and abundant future. RCF Connects partners with the community to inspire leadership and to share the vision for work in five areas: Community Growth, Health, Restoring Neighborhoods, Education, and Public Safety. RCF Connects defines equity as the opportunity for all communities, and each of their members, to flourish and achieve and attain their maximum power and potential – irrespective of their racial composition and starting place in life. Equity embodies qualities of fairness, justice, and freedom from bias and discrimination. This is reflected in RCF’s commitment to achieve equity goals in hiring and to build a workforce with a range of experiences, backgrounds and abilities to serve our diverse communities. RCF strongly encourages Black, Indigenous, and People of Color applicants.
RCF Connects is a key partner of the Project Team implementing “Innovating with Human-Centered Design (HCD) for Homeless and Workforce System Redesign,” led by the Workforce Development Board of Contra Costa County and funded by the Workforce Accelerator Fund of the California Workforce Development Board. RCF Connects is hiring two (2) temporary Lived Experience Consultants to help align and integrate workforce development and homeless services systems. The Consultants must have lived experience being homeless. As members of the Project Team, you will be expected to complete a 10-week training in HCD, during which the team will create and test solutions to remedy system disconnect. These are temporary, part-time positions for 20 hours per week, beginning September 1, 2020, and ending February 28, 2022. There may be some flexibility in start/end dates, but the position will not exceed 18 months.
· Attending meetings (in person or remotely), actively participating in discussions.
· Word processing and data entry (spreadsheet or database).
· Interacting with team members and homeless services consumers.
· Project development: supporting the administration of and participation in surveys, interviews or focus groups composed of stakeholders. Gathering data will be done either online or onsite at housing developments.
· Other duties as required.
· Lived experience: Must have experience being homelessness or fragilely housed (shelter, couch-surfing, car, outside).
· Basic office skills: English (oral/written), math, organizing information, computer skills (or willingness to learn), time management, ability to see work to its completion, good follow-up.
· Interpersonal skills: Ability to work on a team, interact with stakeholders (workforce professionals, homeless services professionals, people experiencing homelessness and/or unemployment/ underemployment, and other service providers), support small events such as focus groups and conduct interviews to gather feedback.
· Interest and commitment to complete training: Ability to move through fast-paced, rigorous and creative 10-week course starting September 15, 2020, in Human-Centered Design (HCD) with the Project Team, complete assigned work between sessions and report back to the group.
· Commitment to the mission of the grant: A passion for helping those experiencing homelessness and unemployment. A positive/playful attitude with the ability to speak up, share ideas, and apply critical thinking; curiosity, open-mindedness, a willingness to go through the HCD process thoughtfully and have fun! Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Preferred but Not Required:
· Experience working in settings such as office, government, customer service, social services, peer support, housing or shelter
· Experience participating in remote meetings via Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, conference calls.
· Experience working on a team.
· Facility in a non-English language.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Pay of $18.05/hour.
· Flexible work schedule and ability to perform some work remotely.
· A workplace culture committed to supporting good quality of life for employees.
· Pro-rated paid vacation and sick time, and other benefits if requested.
This job is a great resume builder, will expand your network, and enhance your abilities and experience. You will be “part of the solution”: connecting people experiencing homelessness to workforce programs that can provide them with training, a job and a career path!
Submit Cover Letter and Resume by September 1st to: Betty Geishert-Cantrell, at BGeishirtCantrell@richmondcf.org.
RCF Connects is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
In addition to any openings above, you may send your resume as a general inquiry by clicking here.
Employees at RCF enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, retirement savings with employer match, paid time off, and work/life balance.