Join Our Staff
Why Work Here?
Richmond Community Foundation’s goal is to create healthy, sustainable communities in Contra Costa County. We believe in the Theory of Change, in which we identify a realistic long-term goal and consider what conditions need to be in place to reach it. The majority of our long-term goals entail measuring and tackling social and economic challenges that local residents face.
We take our community’s issues seriously and are continuously searching for concerned listeners, earnest thinkers, capable communicators, talented problem-solvers, and devoted professionals who want to learn, grow and most importantly, make the communities of Contra Costa County healthy and sustainable for the people who work, live and thrive here.
A career at RCF offers countless opportunities, an empowered workforce, and a supportive environment. We pride ourselves in recognizing our associates’ and teams’ successes in our goal to solve our community’s most urgent concerns.
When you join RCF, you’ll find a culture where every person is a vital part of the solution and an essential voice of the community. We aim to be a safe place for anyone on our staff to learn, explore and grow. Ultimately, we strive to generate tangible results that will change the way our entire community works, lives and succeeds.
The SparkPoint Contra Costa Manager reports to the SPCC Senior Director and will work closely with community partners, community stakeholders, and clients to advance the goals of SPCC. The Manager supports the mission and values of SparkPoint Contra Costa and the Foundation. S/he provides the effective implementation of quality assurance practices and management reporting tools for the ECM client management tool for SPCC. Collaborating with staff and key stakeholders from throughout the community and across the county, the SparkPoint Manager will facilitate the partners of SPCC to deliver successful outcomes that move SPCC clients toward financial sustainability. The successful candidate will have a commitment to working effectively in a diverse community and will have an understanding and experience in advocacy toward social change.
- Assist the SPCC Senior Director with the implementation of quality assurance practices and SPCC service coordination and support at SPCC centers.
- Manage the day to day operations of SPCC to deliver SparkPoint services in accordance with set organizational goals and objectives.
- Functions include program development and implementation, staffing with partner coaches, and coordination of workshop services through other community-based organizations and volunteers.
- Work with the SPCC Senior Director in program strategic planning by building and managing relationships with public and community-based organizations, to ensure that they are aware of the benefits of SP services and support an SPCC presence and/or expansion in the community.
- Support the SPCC Senior Director in budget preparation and management.
- RepresentSparkPointContra Costa on a city-wide/regional/county-wide level.
- Act in a leadership position with committees/coalitions that are city-wide/regional/county-wide.
- Supervise and manage SPCC administrative assistants and/or interns. Mentor new SPCC Coordinators or Managers.
- Support the SPCC Senior Director in preparing for and delivering presentations at conferences, community events, and other external opportunities.
- Help build SPCC’s presence on social media and online through the creation of compelling content and calls to action with support from the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Assist the SPCC Senior Director with grant writing and fund development strategies to support the work of SPCC.
- Attend Staff Meetings, Leadership meetings, and other meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in a related field or comparable experience; graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience in areas of data management, quality assurance, and/or project administration.
- Strong leadership skills and the maturity to motivate and engage collaboratively with diverse stakeholders including academia, nonprofits, government agencies, local advocacy organizations, and students.
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills with superior customer service skills.
- Ability to prepare and present materials to diverse audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication with strong presentation skills.
- Trained with experience in basic financial coaching.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated strength in analytics, report generation, project management, and evaluation. Time management skills essential in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and accurately manage a variety of competing tasks. Computer proficiency including working knowledge of MS Office applications, relational databases (ECM preferred), Internet research, and social media.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development through involvement in professional groups or associations.
- Cultural humility to work and effectively collaborate with a team of ethnically and racially diverse colleagues.
- Understanding of institutional and structural racism, and other forms of oppression, and their impacts on historically underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and mission of the Richmond Community Foundation andSparkPointContra Costa.
- Must pass background checks required by partners.
- Preference to be bi-lingual in Spanish.
Starting salary is $60,000. Range of $60,000 to $70,700.
This is an exempt position.
Competitive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, matching 401K retirement plan.
Professional/leadership development opportunities.
A workplace culture committed to supporting a good quality of life for employees.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to: Betty Geishert-Cantrell, at BGeishirtCantrell@richmondcf.org.
RCF Connects is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
In addition to any openings above, you may send your resume as a general inquiry by clicking here.
Employees at RCF enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, retirement savings with employer match, paid time off, and work/life balance.