Ways to Give
There are many ways to give to the RCF Connects (formerly Richmond Community Foundation), and we are so grateful for every donation we receive. The RCF Connects serves as a vital link between community-spirited donors and community needs. As your partner in philanthropy, we make it easy to donate to the community’s causes. We also make sure to keep you informed about programs that are working. There are many ways to make a difference and we invite you to partner with us!
Whether you’re donating to an existing fund, volunteering your time, or any other ways to give, there are always beneficial values for you as a donor. Some of the beneficial reasons to give to RCF Connects are:
- You can give to causes and programs you care about, while improving your community
- You can leave a charitable legacy
- You can have as much or as little involvement as you wish—from visits to prospective grant recipients to consultations with our staff to help your philanthropic strategy be as successful as possible
- You can make anonymous contributions if you wish
- You don’t have to worry about distributing grants—we make the distributions on your recommendations, while your fund is earning interest. We handle all of the paper work and IRS reporting!
- By giving to the RCF Connects, you are improving the communities in which you live and work
- By partnering with our staff, you can fund the best organizations, programs and initiatives generating positive impacts in the community
- By co-investing with the Foundation and other donors, your grant making is maximizing your impact in filling important needs
- You can limit paying capital gains tax and reduce your estate tax liability, while supporting local or national nonprofits
- Your charitable gift grows tax-free while in your fund
- To determine the tax benefits for your particular gift, consult RCF Connects and your personal tax advisor